TRONGSA DZONG

The Dzong is situated at an altitude of 2,200 metres (7,220 feet). The Dzong is a masterpiece of architecture, a maze of courtyards, passageways and corridors containing in addition 23 temples. Trongsa means ‘the new village’ and the founding of Trongsa first dates back from the 16th century when it was just a temple.  The Drukpa Lama, Ngagi Wangchuck, the great-grandfather pf Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyel founded the first temple at Trongsa in 1543.

OUR OFFICIAL PARTNER

“Happiness is a place.” ― Bhutan